Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mermaid 5K

You might remember from previous posts that I was training for a 5K...well I met my "goal" and finished the Mermaid 5K on Saturday AND I met my other "goal" of not being last!  I actually wasn't even close to last considering 543 people finished after me!  Hayley ran the last 0.5 mile of the race with me.  It was nice to share that experience with her since she's been my running/hiking partner for about 4 years now.  She looked very content with herself as we ran and seemed to think everyone was cheering for her.  


I'm not going to lie, I'd consider myself active but I am for whatever reason averse to structured workout plans and/or running without a real purpose (besides running).  However, I want to stay in shape and running is something I can easily fit into my schedule and I can exercise my dogs at the same time.  Surprisingly my dad is a marathon runner, he even ran two marathons in a year a few years ago when he was in his 50s.  Go figure!  I got a nice bag, t-shirt and some other goodies for running this 5K and I do feel more fit since I started running regularly so I think I'll probably stick with running and maybe even do another 5K...


Hayley takes a break on one of our runs to climb up a fallen tree
and look for squirrels.
Thanks to Walker & Hayley's awesome dog walker/trainer
for this great shot of Walker doing what he does best.

No comments:

Post a Comment